19 June 2009

this is just to say

+i have eaten
the plums
that were in
the icebox

and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast

forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold

[william carlos williams]


+a ransom note for the survival of your snacks

i ate all your granola bars
that right: all of them

they were pretty bangin’
and you were making me mad

pick up your phone next time

[laura wooley]


+this american life: act two


+and now for a game

dear readers: who are you? what do you eat for breakfast? do you hold your breath when you pass cemeteries? have you ever caught a fish?

you don’t even have to tell me your name, you can just answer my questions and this website will make one up for you. or, if you’re feeling fancy, you can get a taxi driver name, a british name, a pokemon name, a ninja name, or a triceratops name.

4 Comments:

e. c. said...

Hi my name is Johannes Katenka but sometimes people call me Båklavah Baker when i drive them around the city. When I go to England I introduce myself as Emily Milner. Also sometimes I transform into the pokemon Moopit where I live in the marshes of Japan and eat mac and cheese. Or sometimes I turn into a ninja turtle and people know me as Kurinkitafu. Maybe you've heard of me before? I am so cool because I can go back in time and become a triceratops. THEY CALL ME.... Cera Trent. That's right. I had way too much fun with this.

Also, I ate a bagel for breakfast, sometimes I hold my breath, and I have caught a fish before. At first it was really gross and slimey, then I got used to it.

laura said...

dear emily/johannes/baklavah/cera/kurinkitafu/moopit,
sometimes i hold my breath too. but then sometimes i like walking around in them, so obviously i don't then. i hope your bagel was delicious.
also you get an a+ in not being a wimp. xoxo for that.

Torr said...

Who am I is a rather deep question, good thing I like being superficial:
When I go to Panera/Einstein/Anywhere they ask for your name, I tell them Molly. Just for fun. When I swing by London I go by Olivia Garside (you can only call me that if you speak in a British accent).

I generally don't eat anything good for breakfast. This morning I had a soft pretzel and yesterday I had oatmeal (delish!)
I hold my breath almost all the time, unless I'm walking past, which can get a little difficult.
I caught a fish once. And then I caught a tree. And then BobFord (aka my father) never took me fishing again. You hook the man one time and he holds a grudge. Oy.

xxo.

riese said...

this is brilliant, BRILLIANT